Charring Oak

  • MIchael Purcell
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2000
      I just spread mine out on a cookie sheet and brown em in the oven!
      Works fine but you do sometimes get a little smell in the house, not
      a bad one mind ya!! Also, I had a used toaster oven (flea market $5)
      and used that for quite some time, just place it outside and crank
      her up!! Any smoke or whatever stays outside, so you don't have to be
      as careful as you do in the house with my home over! The uncharred
      stuff seems to condition ok, but it seems to take a lot longer!!
      Chared oak works fast (gew months) and adds great flavor and color!!

      Mike

      Mike Purcell
      MPurcell@...