Re: [Distillers] Law

  • confederaterebel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2003
      just wonderin what "brand" tobacco ya wanna grow......lmao.......good luck
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
        According to a newspaper report (I will try to find it), the source
        is legal growers bypassing the regular route. It is sold apparently
        in pubs (taverns), usually in cut moist form as it weighs more. The
        article suggests that the increase in serious cancers is due to using
        the stuff - this line seems to be similar to the methanol danger in
        moonshine articles.
        Cossacks used to drink a tobacco flavored vodka - what a herbal
        combination!
        Wal
        (I don't smoke)

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Pelly" <apelly@m...> wrote:
        > ok, and now another sojourn off topic:
        >
        > i have heard of chop chop wal... maybe from my mother some years
        ago... but
        > while i lived there i never encountered it. have you?
        >
        > i am wondering what form it takes... counterfeit cigarettes? dried,
        cured
        > whole leaf?
        > is it imported? grown locally?

      • Allan Goldsmith
        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
          I followed your URL Really interesting...the duty is currently $39.426 per l al. don't think I will go into the manufacturing business.
          By the way Mike could you please reply to my question about straight stills I will repost it if you like
          cheers
          Allan
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
            Allan Goldsmith

            I followed your URL Really interesting...the duty is currently $39.426 per l
            al. don't think I will go into the manufacturing business.
            By the way Mike could you please reply to my question about straight stills
            I will repost it if you like
            cheers
            Allan
            ====================
            Sure thing Allan. Tomorrow do? Getting a bit late here right now
            Mike N
          • Dick
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
              In message <013701c328cc$3f79eb60$49d1adcb@CDL207106>, Mike Nixon
              <mike@...> writes
              >Aaron Pelly wrote:
              >Subject: RE: [Distillers] Law
              >I found the exemption for home distilling here
              >http://www.customs.govt.nz/manufacturers/licensing/exemptions.asp
              >It says:
              >There is an exemption from the manufacturing area licensing requirement
              >for any area you use within your private house to manufacture the
              >following:
              >tobacco grown on your own land, manufactured exclusively for your own
              >personal use
              >beer, wine and spirits manufactured exclusively for personal use.
              >What I couldn't find was a definition for "personal use"
              >===================
              Alcohol, tobacco ............. hmmmm - anything about including ladies
              of negotiable affection as well ?????
              --
              Dick
              Fra' Auld Reekie
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
                I think the increase in cancer is propaganda as " chop chop " is usually properly processed and grown ready to roll tobacco, but with out the addition of chemicals that the companies add to help burning, flavour,shelve life etc.
                " Just my opinion ".  Tastes better too !  ; )

                Eat-Drink-Smoke and be Happy.
                Shane.

                According to a newspaper report (I will try to find it),  the source
                is legal growers bypassing the regular route. It is sold apparently
                in pubs (taverns), usually in cut moist form as it weighs more. The
                article suggests that the increase in serious cancers is due to using
                the stuff - this line seems to be similar to the methanol danger in
                moonshine articles.
                Cossacks used to drink a tobacco flavored vodka - what a herbal
                combination!
                Wal
                (I don't smoke)

                --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Pelly" <apelly@m...> wrote:
                > ok, and now another sojourn off topic:
                >
                > i have heard of chop chop wal... maybe from my mother some years
                ago... but
                > while i lived there i never encountered it. have you?
                >
                > i am wondering what form it takes... counterfeit cigarettes? dried,
                cured
                > whole leaf?
                > is it imported? grown locally?

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/e8NolB/TM
              • Wil
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 2, 2003
                  Was he actually "Selling" or making for his own consumption? Seems
                  to me if you're drinking the stuff yourself you ain't evading taxes..

                  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, confederaterebel@a... wrote:
                  > funny here in the states......last moonshiner that was busted got
                  a $200
                  > dollar fine for his 3rd offense. the bad part....feds are goin
                  after him fer tax
                  > evasion. he will do time fer tax evasion and not for actually
                  makin moonshine.