Mike's Design

  • Allan Goldsmith
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Guys
      Its a John Stone/Mike Nixon design so it has to be good! Mike and John know what they are doing.
      It was built by a friend and I am "babysitting" it. Just thought I would see what I could do with it.
      It will be a fortnight before I have another wash to put through it and do some more precise measurements to confirm/disprove my initial findings. It is a "standard" 1.2m 45mm tower with SS scrubbers.
      I have some pics but got my wrist slapped last time for sending big files..ha!ha!

      By the way Mike I want to build your straight tower design p33 of your book.
      Are there any disadvantages here?
      I have some 50mm ID stainless steel tube I would like to use . I know you are probably tired of telling us how to do the calcs but where in your book (or anywhere else) do I find the info for tower height etc.
      thanks again
      cheers.
      Allan

    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
        Allan Goldsmith wrote:
        Subject: [Distillers] Mike's Design

        By the way Mike I want to build your straight tower design p33 of your book.
        ==================
        Which book Allan?
        Mike N
      • Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
          For Mike Nixon:
          I'm having difficulty in reaching you by email.  Have sent emails but received no response.
          Please contact me.
          Martin Marburger
          mail@...
        • Allan Goldsmith
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2003
            Hi Mike
            The one with the ethanol molecule on the front..published Feb 2000
            ISBN 0-473-06608-4
            You show a design without the elbow...so easier to make in stainless.
            thanks
            Allan

            By the way Mike I want to build your straight tower design p33 of your book.