Re: [Distillers] Re: I need some engineering help.

  • Shane Kirkman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi Robert,
       this is the best I could come up with

      Learn how to layout a cone and the formula, these numbers can be replaced with your dimensions.

      The formula for the cone is...

      - First you must find the difference between the large and the small Dia.
      - Multiply the large dia. by the vertical height,
      - divide this product by the difference first obtained large dia and small dia)

      This will give you the length of the center line you need from the top of the cone to the intersecting point (A)

      Large Dia - Small Dia = 20" - 8" = 12"

      Vertical height X Large Dia. 22" x 20"= 440

      440 divided by the product of the difference in dia.

      440 / 12 = 36.66 and this 36.66 is the length

      (c) 2001 The Sheetmetal Shop. Reproduced with kind permission.

      Eat-Drink-Smoke and be Happy.
      Shane.