Introduction.

  • Des
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 15, 1999
      Well, as we now have 33 members I thought it might be an ideal time for
      some introductions. Then it occurred to me that as I am the moderator
      maybe I should begin.

      Well I am 50 years old and live in Auckland New Zealand. I import and
      manufacture equipment and ingredients for the home distillation industry.
      I have a wife and no children. I employ one part time worker and we are on
      the lookout for bigger premises.
      I am a collector of alcohol related things like full beer bottles and cans
      (about 200) from New Zealand and overseas. Also full miniature spirit,
      liqueur (cordial in the USA), and wine bottles ( over 650). Then there is
      the shooter and shot glass collection of about 50 items.
      My interest in alcohol extends more towards the theory side than the
      practical, drinking, side. I enjoy the history and stories (true and
      fables) relating to alcohol. I am in the process of adding some of these
      to my website. Cocktails is another interest and I conduct classes on the
      subject from time to time.
      I got this list underway because, while surfing the net, I found there was
      not a lot of good down to earth basic information on distilling of alcohol
      on a non commercial basis. The idea of knowledgde being shared by people
      with practical experience seemed like good approach, so here we are.

      Well what more can I say, that is me.

      Des
      Manufacture, Wholesale, and Retail of alcohol Distillation equipment and
      ingredients.
      Homepage: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~topkiwi