RE: [Distillers] Wort

  • Pete Sayers
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      Tom you dont say what yeasts you are using.In NZ we are using the English
      Turbo yeasts ( Turbo & Turbo Extra)These are capable of processing up to 8kg
      of sugar in a 25 litre wash, giving a a/v content of up to 19-21%. ie we can
      distill off up to 6.25 litres of alcohol @ 70-75% giving up to 10.5 litres @
      40% of good drinking alcohol. Perhaps you should try a good Champagne yeast
      regards Pete from Brewers Barn