getting to hot to brew

  • leeham@tpg.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2000
      Hey guys and gals i have just about finshied my reflux tower
      only have to get my freind to braze it up
      its all copper and looks shiny at the moment
      i have gone for a 50mm diamiter and 750mm long tower
      with 2 through cooling tubes near the top
      and it then reduces down to a 15mm condensor with a 25 mm
      jacket for cooling
      and kmart supplied the 15 liter stainless boiler
      if it all works well i have got to find a 30 liter boiler
      to really get serious
      do u think this reflux colum will work????
      hoping for 85% plus

      and another question is
      where i live i am now getting temps outside about 40 degress cel
      to hot to brew in the laundry now and my brew bucket is in beside the
      computer haha its a smell u have to get used to but the wife dont
      like it haha but she drinks the whiskey i make
      anyways have any of u ever converted a fride to run at say 25 to 30
      deg cel
      a refride repairer thought a room air-con thermostat might work
      but could not garentee it of course anyone out there tried this
      or used somthing else to keep your brew cool
      pleaase let me now any ideas would help me keep brewing throuh summer

      thanks in advance leeham