This has probably be asked plenty of times before...

  • lynnehal
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2003
      This has probably be asked plenty of times before, but I need to
      know, What do you do to get a wash started, this is the first one I
      have ever had that just would not start, every thing is the same as
      all the others just wont start, I may have put double as much yeast
      in I can not remember, but I would have thought this would have made
      it go better,,,
      Thanks Davlyn...
    • Robert N
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003

        Had two the other day stick, I just got more oxygen into the mash and it started within a couple of hours. Do this any way you can, that is reasonably hygiene, I personally use medical oxygen; others use an air stone from an aquarium. You could also try a Bamix or other kitchen utensil like a stainless steel spoon.

        Yours in Spirit

        Robert

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2003
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Robert N" <dinks_c@y...> wrote:
          > Had two the other day stick, I just got more oxygen into the mash
          and it
          > started within a couple of hours. Do this any way you can, that is
          > reasonably hygiene, I personally use medical oxygen; others use an
          air
          > stone from an aquarium. You could also try a Bamix or other kitchen
          > utensil like a stainless steel spoon.
          >
          > Yours in Spirit
          >

          > Robert
          >
          > Thanks robert will give it a try..