Re: [Distillers] Re: valved reflux head

  • Harley Daschund
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2003
      I could sell several tickets to that...'event'...:>)

      >From: "Mike Nixon" <mike@...>
      >To: <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: valved reflux head
      >Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 19:43:43 +1200
      >
      >rodmacd2000 wrote:
      >Subject: [Distillers] Re: valved reflux head
      >
      >I have been tempted (not tried yet) to put a match to the open top of the
      >condenser housing of my own still to verify that no vapour is escaping!
      >=============================
      >For heaven's sake do NOT do that!!!!!!
      >Invite us round first to watch .........................
      >
      >Mike N :-)

    • Brandon Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2003
        no==usually the vapor stops rising when the water is turned on--we use a cap on ours just to conceal the top and have a more finished look
        have fun
        your brother in the spirits
        Blueflame456

        lamarpye2003 <lamarpye@...> wrote:
        I'm interested to know if the valved reflux head has a cap on the top
        to cover the copper condensing coil or is it left open? From the
        design pictures ive seen it looks like its left open, but wouldnt
        some of the alcohol vapors escape?

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • Brandon Lee