RE: [Distillers] Looking for guidance

  • Frederick Christiansen
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2003
      Tony, I got a little chuckle while reading an item on the part of one of the
      members in which the column height was limited by the distance between the
      top of his stove and the ceiling. Well, my quest for a high purity, high
      producing still may have put me into a similar situation. I do my still work
      in my garage, floor to ceiling is 96". When I decided to become more
      involved in this hobby I wanted to increase capacity, hence the building of
      a new still, new much larger heat source, and a new 10 gallon stainless keg
      for the boiler. All of which is consuming portions of the my total 96". Your
      site made is very clear that column height is an important consideration to
      purity and I did so want to erect a stunningly tall column, I'm just not
      sure if I want to run my new still operation from a step ladder close to the
      ceiling of my garage. Like everything, I will have to come up with some kind
      of balance. Thanks.. Derf