Re: pot still ,does a thermometer help,thanks brain

  • brain_solenoid
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 24 10:49 AM
      Garry,

      > my old pot still was just a pressure cooker stolen from my
      > wife,how would it go as a thumper brain ,its air tight, hase the
      > right fittings on it,would be very easy to just throw it in the
      > middle between my still and condensor,,but only hase a 6 litre
      > capacity,my washs are 25 litres???

      I would think that the cooker would work fine. I've seen pictures
      with some that had Mason jars (canning jars, here in the States) as a
      thumper. It can put a little backpressure in your boiler and swan
      neck, but its not that great.........depending on how deep the supply
      line is in the liquid level of the thumper.
      Thumpers will heat up during use, and from what I've read, that's
      where there inherent value is. To be honest, I've not used one, so
      maybe one of our colleagues in the group could answer better than I.

      PS - Do check out that homediistiller.org website. It's PACKED with
      info on nearly every subject in home distilling.

      Regards,
      BS