cheap stainless steal containers

  • uninterested10
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2003
      check out sabco industries online web sight for cheap stainless steal
      containers. Brand new 1/2 kegs (15 1/2 gallons) Look under NEW KEGS/
      GREAT DEALS/ OVER RUNS. $59.95 U.S dollars approx 50 left.
    • zuggetsr
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 22, 2003
        Why not just go to your local beer distributor and pay the $10
        deposit for a 1/2 keg?

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "uninterested10" <chrisson@n...>
        wrote:
        > check out sabco industries online web sight for cheap stainless
        steal
        > containers. Brand new 1/2 kegs (15 1/2 gallons) Look under NEW
        KEGS/
        > GREAT DEALS/ OVER RUNS. $59.95 U.S dollars approx 50 left.
      • brain_solenoid
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2003
          > Why not just go to your local beer distributor and pay the $10
          > deposit for a 1/2 keg?

          Because, in a nutshell, that's theft, and no distibutor should be
          doing this. Breweries lose up to 20% of their cooperage a year to
          the "Jeez, why don't I just keep this......".
          HOWEVER......the distributor MAY elect to do this if the Brewery has
          gone under (closed) since there is no legal heir to the keg if the
          Brewery has made no effort to collect them. I have procured some
          this way.

          Many Breweries pay in upwards of $75 U.S. for these and go through
          great pains to keep them. SABCO is a business that reconditions kegs
          and sells them back out to the community, either Brewing or public.
          The $10 - $12 deposit just doesn't cover it. Breweries don't want
          the deposit.......they just want their stainless back.

          I would recommend another option if you prefer not to deal with
          SABCO. Go to your local salvage yard. Everything there is fair
          game! Here in the U.S., like most other countries, we also have
          homebrew shops that will oftentimes carry just an empty used keg for
          sale to homebrewers for whatever they want to do with it.

          Realizing the impersonality of E-mail, I want to iterate that I
          realize this is a lot of text to explain a position, and that you
          raise a valid, common sense question.
          I will also add that I've seen a lot of beer keg brew kettles and
          stills out in the world (I own one.......purchased at a homebrew
          shop) and for most of them, there's a Brewer out there scratching his
          head saying, "Where's my keg?".

          Thanks for listening!
          BS
        • Harley Daschund
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 22, 2003
            Deposit on a 1/2 keg in this area is $75...I would like to get one for
            $10!!!..:>)

            >From: "brain_solenoid" <brain_solenoid@...>
            >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Distillers] Re: cheap stainless steal containers
            >Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:42:31 -0000
            >
            > > Why not just go to your local beer distributor and pay the $10
            > > deposit for a 1/2 keg?

          • brain_solenoid
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 22, 2003
              Harley,

              > Deposit on a 1/2 keg in this area is $75...I would like to get one
              for
              > $10!!!..:>)

              Yeah, referring back to my prior note, when we sell a keg to a walk-
              in customer for a party, etc., we take a credit card number!
              Higher deposits are becoming more and more prevalent.........the only
              folks getting a $12 deposit are the wholesale customers (Alehouses,
              distributors) because if they stiff us on stainless, it gets around
              in the community and they don't get product anymore.

              BS
            • tigger bear
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 23, 2003
                over here in australia our local steel yard sells 50 litre beer kegs for $30 ,,he buys them from the brewers,so worth looking at your local second hand steel merchant guys,,before i got into distilling i cut up a keg and made a meat smoker out of it,and also turned a real nice one into a pot for boiling cray fish in,i got those ones for free,but had to buy the last one for my new pot still,,,ochhhh,

                regards
                garry

                brain_solenoid <brain_solenoid@...> wrote:
                Harley,

                > Deposit on a 1/2 keg in this area is $75...I would like to get one
                for

                Yeah, referring back to my prior note, when we sell a keg to a walk-
                in customer for a party, etc., we take a credit card number!
                Higher deposits are becoming more and more prevalent.........the only
                folks getting a $12 deposit are the wholesale customers (Alehouses,
                distributors) because if they stiff us on stainless, it gets around
                in the community and they don't get product anymore.

                BS

                Do you Yahoo!?