Milky Haze upon dilution

  • Dean Jones
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi all,
      Its been a while since I've posted here, just been very busy,

      My problem is that when I cut my spirit strength back to 40% it
      throws
      a milky white haze to the spirit. When distilling it is perfectly
      clear and smells good, doesn't feel oily, or smell cardboard like,
      I'm assuming its fusil oils soluable in solution of ethanol but when
      cut it with water is shows its nasty head. I also dont think I have
      cleaned the still properly and the oils are being extracted from the
      reflux column. I'm running the still very slowly 4-5 hr runs and
      getting 82-84% distilate. I'm fairly new to this and would appreciate
      any help or suggestions.
      Thanks in advance,
      Dino