Cooling water cooler

  • Greg Denehy
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 2, 2003
      How does everyone cool their cooling water? (In a recirculating system.)
      Has anyone come up with a good and cheap solution? I use an old evaporative
      cooler as the pump and cooler, that works well.

      Greg

      **********************
      Veni Vedi Velcro
      I came. I saw. I got stuck.
    • Robert Lougee
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 13, 2003
        I use a 25 gal plastic tub with a 1/6 hp sump pump. I have a plastic
        garden hose "Y" splitter attached to a length of hose. When the water
        gets warm, I switch the lever on the Y adapter to pump the water
        outside. In the meantime, I use another length of hose with a nozzle
        to fill the tub from the tap. Maybe replenishing the tub 3-4 times in
        a single run. That way its more water friendly than just from the tap
        to the drain.