Re: SV: [Distillers] Amazing still questions

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1 1:01 PM
      Yes, you're right Peter ... I must admit that I had overlooked that.  However, is there any reason why the two buckets shouldn't sit side by side, each with a lid and a tube running between them?  That would make the setup a bit like the school demo where you interconnect two flasks, warming one and leaving the other cool.  Liquid slowly migrates from one to the other.  Not as compact, I grant you, but it would enable the heated wash bucket to be well insulated against heat loss, which might help things along.  I have a big cardboard box in which I used to put my fermenter together with a 100W light bulb connected via a thermostat that sensed air temp.  A good, cheap way of getting controlled heating, although now redundant as turbos generally need cooling rather than warming, but it could get quite toasty warm in there.  I'll give it a go and see if it does anything worthwhile.  I reckon I'm quite good at turning any simple, elegant design into a complicated nightmare :-)

      Cheers,
      Mike N
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1 11:08 PM

        Yes please try,

        A Swede gave that a try and it works so far.

        Johan