RE: [Distillers] boiling with raching rings and marbles.

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 11:55 AM
      It shouldn't really - you're still getting the same amount of heat into the pot, so giving the same amount of vapour flow etc.  Just a lot smoother.  The difference would occur only if the big surges in boiling are resulting in surges in the vapour flow up the column, disrupting it a bit (shouldnt really).  In my wee essence still its a problem because of the small amount of headroom, the surges result in the liquid being pushed up into the offtake pipe (column).  Had to redistill my some gin essence on Sat because this occured, resulting in a whole lot of yellow gunk & bits of crushed berries being pushed over into the clear essence.

      Tony