SV: [Distillers] Re: 25 litre version of evaporation still

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      Are you going to use air pump, or are you relying on the natural
      movement of the air?

      --
      natural movement. Should be more than enough.

      Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
      larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

      I'll test in the end of the week.

      Johan
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

      > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
      > >
      > 150W
      >
      > What was the mash temperature?
      > >
      > Don't know yet
      >
      > What's the source and size of the larger container?
      > >
      > 100 litres.
      >
      > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
      > >
      > Agree, I hope I get some.
      >
      > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
      > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
      > process.
      > >
      > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
      20Litre%20v
      > ersions/
      > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
      to the top
      > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
      the buckets
      > as well.
      > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
      side, he's
      > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
      > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
      easy to
      > connect the buckets.
      >
      > Johan

      To unsubscribe from this group send an email to
      distillers-unsubscribe@onelist.com