SV: [Distillers] Re: 25 litre version of evaporation still

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      Are you going to use air pump, or are you relying on the natural
      movement of the air?

      Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
      larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

      Greetz, Riku

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

      > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
      > >
      > 150W
      >
      > What was the mash temperature?
      > >
      > Don't know yet
      >
      > What's the source and size of the larger container?
      > >
      > 100 litres.
      >
      > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
      > >
      > Agree, I hope I get some.
      >
      > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
      > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
      > process.
      > >
      > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
      20Litre%20v
      > ersions/
      > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
      to the top
      > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
      the buckets
      > as well.
      > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
      side, he's
      > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
      > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
      easy to
      > connect the buckets.
      >
      > Johan
    • Johan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003

        --
        natural movement. Should be more than enough.

        Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
        larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

        I'll test in the end of the week.

        Johan
        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

        > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
        > >
        > 150W
        >
        > What was the mash temperature?
        > >
        > Don't know yet
        >
        > What's the source and size of the larger container?
        > >
        > 100 litres.
        >
        > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
        > >
        > Agree, I hope I get some.
        >
        > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
        > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
        > process.
        > >
        > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
        20Litre%20v
        > ersions/
        > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
        to the top
        > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
        the buckets
        > as well.
        > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
        side, he's
        > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
        > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
        easy to
        > connect the buckets.
        >
        > Johan

        To unsubscribe from this group send an email to
        distillers-unsubscribe@onelist.com