SV: [Distillers] Re: 25 litre version of evaporation still

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?

      150W

      What was the mash temperature?

      Don't know yet

      What's the source and size of the larger container?

      100 litres.

      Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)

      Agree, I hope I get some.

      Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
      temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
      process.

      I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
      ersions/
      I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes to the top
      will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between the buckets
      as well.
      A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the side, he's
      not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
      Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was easy to
      connect the buckets.

      Johan
    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        Are you going to use air pump, or are you relying on the natural
        movement of the air?

        Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
        larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

        Greetz, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

        > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
        > >
        > 150W
        >
        > What was the mash temperature?
        > >
        > Don't know yet
        >
        > What's the source and size of the larger container?
        > >
        > 100 litres.
        >
        > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
        > >
        > Agree, I hope I get some.
        >
        > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
        > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
        > process.
        > >
        > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
        20Litre%20v
        > ersions/
        > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
        to the top
        > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
        the buckets
        > as well.
        > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
        side, he's
        > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
        > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
        easy to
        > connect the buckets.
        >
        > Johan
      • Johan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003

          --
          natural movement. Should be more than enough.

          Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
          larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

          I'll test in the end of the week.

          Johan
          --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

          > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
          > >
          > 150W
          >
          > What was the mash temperature?
          > >
          > Don't know yet
          >
          > What's the source and size of the larger container?
          > >
          > 100 litres.
          >
          > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
          > >
          > Agree, I hope I get some.
          >
          > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
          > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
          > process.
          > >
          > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
          20Litre%20v
          > ersions/
          > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
          to the top
          > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
          the buckets
          > as well.
          > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
          side, he's
          > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
          > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
          easy to
          > connect the buckets.
          >
          > Johan

          To unsubscribe from this group send an email to
          distillers-unsubscribe@onelist.com