Re: [Distillers] Goats_–_Answer

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      you are building a loyalists group following you in your scientific errands. keep on doing it and in time you may even become right!

       smudge311065 <smudge@...> wrote:

      OK, that's long enough.

      Six people responded and 50% of them got it right. One of the correct
      responders admitted to having seen a very similar problem in the
      past. I am actually quite impressed because I was expecting a lower
      success rate.

      It's a difficult question and temptingly provides "C" as an obvious
      answer. Unfortunately, "A" is the correct answer.

      I will email the reasoning to the senders of the incorrect responses.
      The rest of you get to piece it together for yourselves.

      Incidentally, the predicted success rate ran at 46%.

      I have no doubt that the combined intellect of this newsgroup could
      find the correct answer any distilling related question, but the same
      process will also produce a large number of incorrect answers. The
      most obvious answer is the most palatable if you want to decide
      issues by popular vote, but the most obvious answer is not always the
      correct answer.

      Smudge

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...