Re: [Distillers] Re: Plastic Still (Cost)

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003

      Please do not use epoxy. Some epoxies soften during high temp operations. Besides epoxy is a slow acting toxin. Sounds good: "Epoxy-Toxin"

       waljaco <waljaco@...> wrote:

      Re: Cost
      I just bought 1500mm of 50mm diam. copper ($AU47), 1500mm of 13mm
      diam tube ($AU7), a T connector, 2 reducers, insulation for about
      $AU100. I intend to use an epoxy resin to seal the sections. Where is
      the cost advantage in 'polypipe' over copper?
      Wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Denehy" <greg@t...> wrote:
      > Hi there,
      > You may have been watching threads about my plastic still.
      > Here are some preliminary pics.
      >
      > It will cost about $AUS100 + boiler + thermometer to make or buy.
      > It is portable, simple and produces rock solid performance at 95%+
      >
      > If you are interested in more details, email me...
      >
      > Greg

      I can be wrong I must say
      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 1, 2003
        There are epoxies formulated for metal. Even 'Araldite' can be used.
        Wal

        > Please do not use epoxy. Some epoxies soften during high temp
        operations. Besides epoxy is a slow acting toxin. Sounds good: "Epoxy-
        Toxin"
        > waljaco <waljaco@h...> wrote: Re: Cost
        > I just bought 1500mm of 50mm diam. copper ($AU47), 1500mm of 13mm
        > diam tube ($AU7), a T connector, 2 reducers, insulation for about
        > $AU100. I intend to use an epoxy resin to seal the sections. Where
        is
        > the cost advantage in 'polypipe' over copper?
        > Wal
        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Denehy" <greg@t...> wrote:
        > > Hi there,
        > > You may have been watching threads about my plastic still.
        > > Here are some preliminary pics.
        > >
        > > It will cost about $AUS100 + boiler + thermometer to make or buy.
        > > It is portable, simple and produces rock solid performance at 95%+
        > >
        > > If you are interested in more details, email me...
        > >
        > > Greg

        Service.

        > I can be wrong I must say
        > Cheers, Alex...

      • Greg Denehy
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 7, 2003

          Just checking that you got the details for my plastic still.

          You can get them at http://www.morningtonweb.com/The miraculous polypipe still.pdf

          Let me know what you think.

          Greg