25 litre version of evaporation still

  • Johan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003

      Hi

      For those of you that want a bigger evaporation still:

      Just got a report from someone in Norway that made a 25 liter version of the amazing still. It is a scale up of the basic version, 8 litres output in 6 days at +5 C from 25 from turbo pure 14% mash. Output 37%

      So large model seems to work fine. With 18% mash my guess is 45 % or more in the product. Waiting for pictures.

      Johan

    • abbababbaccc
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        We want details! What's the wattage of the heater? What was the mash
        temperature? What's the source and size of the larger container? Oh,
        and a picture would be nice ;)

        Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
        temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
        process.

        Greetz, Riku

        --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >

        > For those of you that want a bigger evaporation still:
        >
        > Just got a report from someone in Norway that made a 25 liter
        version of the
        > amazing still. It is a scale up of the basic version, 8 litres
        output in 6
        > days at +5 C from 25 from turbo pure 14% mash. Output 37%
        >
        > So large model seems to work fine. With 18% mash my guess is 45 %
        or more in
        > the product. Waiting for pictures.
        >

        > Johan
      • Johan
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?

          150W

          What was the mash temperature?

          Don't know yet

          What's the source and size of the larger container?

          100 litres.

          Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)

          Agree, I hope I get some.

          Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
          temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
          process.

          I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
          ersions/
          I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes to the top
          will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between the buckets
          as well.
          A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the side, he's
          not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
          Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was easy to
          connect the buckets.

          Johan
        • abbababbaccc
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            Are you going to use air pump, or are you relying on the natural
            movement of the air?

            Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
            larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

            Greetz, Riku

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

            > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
            > >
            > 150W
            >
            > What was the mash temperature?
            > >
            > Don't know yet
            >
            > What's the source and size of the larger container?
            > >
            > 100 litres.
            >
            > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
            > >
            > Agree, I hope I get some.
            >
            > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
            > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
            > process.
            > >
            > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
            20Litre%20v
            > ersions/
            > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
            to the top
            > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
            the buckets
            > as well.
            > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
            side, he's
            > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
            > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
            easy to
            > connect the buckets.
            >
            > Johan
          • Johan
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003

              --
              natural movement. Should be more than enough.

              Anyway, let us know how it works. I have a serious itch to build a
              larger version but I'm trying to wait patiently for proven designs.

              I'll test in the end of the week.

              Johan
              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Johan" <mugg@h...> wrote:

              > We want details! What's the wattage of the heater?
              > >
              > 150W
              >
              > What was the mash temperature?
              > >
              > Don't know yet
              >
              > What's the source and size of the larger container?
              > >
              > 100 litres.
              >
              > Oh, and a picture would be nice ;)
              > >
              > Agree, I hope I get some.
              >
              > Seems like the output is close to the regular version (surrounding
              > temperature at +5). Now we need to concentrate on speeding up the
              > process.
              > >
              > I prefer a smaller 25 liter model. I got inspired and made one:
              20Litre%20v
              > ersions/
              > I'll test it as soon as possible. If I'm lucky the pipe that goes
              to the top
              > will increase strength a little. I've put a ground sheet between
              the buckets
              > as well.
              > A Swede made a similar model, but with the 10 litre bucket on the
              side, he's
              > not completed the test yet, but it seems to work fine so far.
              > Thanks to the "bordgenomförning" from my beloved biltema it was
              easy to
              > connect the buckets.
              >
              > Johan

              To unsubscribe from this group send an email to
              distillers-unsubscribe@onelist.com