Re: Poly pipe etc

  • homedistiller
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for household
      sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
      resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
      color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
      regular PVC sewage pipes.

      Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
      fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
      it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:

      http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm

      Dirk

      > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
      only
      > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
      > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
      > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
      > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
      > Wal
    • moutwijn
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        Does the 3M glue also stick to Teflon , PFA or PVDF?
        Is also available in Europe/the Netherlands

        greetings
        Moutwijn

        s--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homedistiller"
        <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
        > Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for
        household
        > sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
        > resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
        > color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
        > regular PVC sewage pipes.
        >
        > Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
        > fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
        > it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:
        >
        > http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm
        >
        > Dirk
        >

        > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
        > > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
        > only
        > > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
        > > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
        > > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
        > > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
        > > Wal
      • Zoran Vujcic
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          NO
          Zoran

          <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
          > Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for
          household
          > sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
          > resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
          > color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
          > regular PVC sewage pipes.
          >
          > Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
          > fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
          > it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:
          >
          > http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm
          >
          > Dirk
          >

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
          > > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
          > only
          > > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
          > > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
          > > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
          > > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
          > > Wal

        • homedistiller
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            Here is the product data sheet of the 3M glue:
            http://www.galindberg.se/bilder/dp8005.pdf

            Teflon (PTFE) is not supported, but I believe 3M has another product
            that can bond it.

            Dirk

            --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zoran Vujcic" <zvujcic@v...>
            wrote: