Poly pipe etc

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
      Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene only
      appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
      http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
      http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
      http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
      Wal
    • homedistiller
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for household
        sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
        resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
        color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
        regular PVC sewage pipes.

        Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
        fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
        it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:

        http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm

        Dirk

        > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
        only
        > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
        > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
        > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
        > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
        > Wal
      • moutwijn
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
          Does the 3M glue also stick to Teflon , PFA or PVDF?
          Is also available in Europe/the Netherlands

          greetings
          Moutwijn

          s--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "homedistiller"
          <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
          > Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for
          household
          > sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
          > resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
          > color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
          > regular PVC sewage pipes.
          >
          > Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
          > fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
          > it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:
          >
          > http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm
          >
          > Dirk
          >

          > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
          > > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
          > only
          > > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
          > > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
          > > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
          > > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
          > > Wal
        • Zoran Vujcic
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
            NO
            Zoran

            <homedistiller@y...> wrote:
            > Over here, polypropylene pipes are quite commonly sold for
            household
            > sewage applications and are advised for their high chemical
            > resistance and resistance to hot temperatures. They have a white
            > color and are marked with PP. They cost just a touch more than the
            > regular PVC sewage pipes.
            >
            > Polypropylene is normally hot welded or used with those sealing
            > fittings. You can't glue it, well, 3M made a two component glue for
            > it, but even epoxy glue doesn't stick to it:
            >
            > http://www.stealth316.com/2-dp8005.htm
            >
            > Dirk
            >

            > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "waljaco" <waljaco@h...> wrote:
            > > Some sites to show that various plastics are used. Polypropylene
            > only
            > > appears suitable for alcohol and a temp of 110C.
            > > http://www.rinker.com/hydroconduit/infobriefs/i2002.htm
            > > http://www.cpv.co.uk/Prop-p.htm
            > > http://www.witt.co.il/p4.html
            > > Wal

          • homedistiller
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
              Here is the product data sheet of the 3M glue:
              http://www.galindberg.se/bilder/dp8005.pdf

              Teflon (PTFE) is not supported, but I believe 3M has another product
              that can bond it.

              Dirk

              --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zoran Vujcic" <zvujcic@v...>
              wrote: