9812Re: alginate

    Mar 12, 2003
      Dobro dan Zoran,
      Sorry, confused with products used for fining wine/washes. But
      alginates are apparently derived from seaweed.
      Wal
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zoran Vujcic" <zvujcic@v...>
      wrote:
      > Wal,
      > alginate is polymer which is used to immobilize enzymes and cells,
      like yeast. Immobilized yeast can be used more than 10 times before
      it is exhausted. Even better you have transparent, clean liquid
      without need to separate used yeast. Isn't it beautiful? Alginate is
      not agar, nor gelatin. Gelatin is protein, agar is complex mix of
      sugar polymer and alginate is polyuronic acid.
      > Zoran

      and 'Agar'. 'Gelatine'
      > > is a fining alternative to it - more readily available in the
      > > supermarkets.
      > > Wal
      > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Zoran Vujcic"
      <zvujcic@v...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > Have anyone idea where to by alginate 25 kg? I am in
      Yugoslavia
      > > (now Serbia and Montenegro). Can someone give me useful
      address? I
      > > need it for immobilization of yeast in brewing.
      > > > Zoran

      He

      <nanosleep@y...>

      > experience
      > available
      > grain)

      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > >

      > > > To unsubscribe from this group send an email to distillers-
      > > unsubscribe@onelist.com

      > > Service.
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      >

      > To unsubscribe from this group send an email to distillers-
      unsubscribe@onelist.com

      Service.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic