7657Re: Sugar Wash - Impatient??

  • nanosleep <nanosleep@yahoo.com>
    Dec 11, 2002
      I always boil the water when adding the sugar to get it to
      dissolve easily. So there's not much difference between a
      fresh batch and a rerun batch. I top up with fresh water
      than I've run for a few seconds in the blender. The blender
      whips the air into it quite nicely. I've used sediment
      before, but the fermentation seems to perform just as well
      with a little extra nutrient.

      -A

      > Once I had an experiment. I always add ½ of sediment from a sugar
      wash to my next brew plus 0.5L or so of the remaining wash. Generally
      it helps. This time I added fresh yeast and sugar to a 100% soup left
      from distilling the alcohol. After two days I had to pour it in the
      toilet... So, based on that I am a little skeptical about your advise
      without any extra measures. Lots of aerating, for example, because a
      boiled liquid practically has no dissolved oxygene in it :-)
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic