6433RE: [Distillers] Re: Ethyl-Acetate (wrongly demonized ?)

  • B Morey
    Oct 1, 2002
      From: Michael [mailto:god@...]

      > The MSDS's for Acetone describe it's odor as "fragrant, sweet and
      > minty". The MSDS's for Ethyl Acetate describe it's odor as
      > "fragrant, sweet and fruity". In the end, I don't bloody know...
      > Just going to have to make some. How do you concentrate acetic acid?

      I always keep a litre of acetone in the shed -- it's a tremendously
      useful cleaner and solvent around the workshop. However, it that's
      "fragrant, sweet and fruity" either my sense of smell is completely
      kyboshed, or the tester sniffed *something else* first.

      Bernard
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic