49755Flavor Compounds

  • ballard_bootlegger
    Apr 14, 2014
      Hello fellow drinkers,
      I've got a question that they chemistry buffs in the group may be able to help with.  Working with the assumption that during equalization or stacking of the compounds inside a fractioning column the flavor compounds in the mash are broken down into simpler compounds based on their volatility.  My question is, will the simpler parts of each flavor compound tend to find each other in the distillate?  Obviously some of those components will be removed with the cuts, but do the remaining flavors have a natural bond that they want to form?  I get the feeling there is a simple answer staring me in the face but I can't put my finger on it.  Thoughts?

      Whitney.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic