49454Re: Re: Re: [Distillers] World's strongest beer contains 67.5% alcohol

  • RLB
    Nov 2, 2013
      No, I am suggesting placing a sealed pot still inside of a dehydrator and using a dehydrator as a heat source.  It would be slow but at least it would work better than freeze distillation.

      From: "forlorntexan@..." <forlorntexan@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, November 1, 2013 6:04 PM
      Subject: RE: Re: Re: [Distillers] World's strongest beer contains 67.5% alcohol

      I'm confused. Are you suggesting that someone could dehydrate a wash by putting it in a countertop dehydrator designed to make beef jerky? Or are you suggesting that someone operate a still using, as the heat source, a countertop dehydrator designed to make beef jerky?

      ---In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, <distillers@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      If you want to do something different, go out a purchase a dehydrator.  Place a 2 gal pot inside with a hose running out a hole in the side.  My dehydrator will reach temperatures of 145 F, and it has a 12 hr timer.  I have not tested this with my new dehydrator because its under warrantee.  That brewhaus economy still work under the same principle.  Just a different idea than Freeze Distillation because a dehydrator should produce 40% abv on the first run.  There are some dehydrators that reach 160 F.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic