    Aug 4 4:21 AM
      I think I did Eric?

      If not, here is again.

      23 liter Rum wash

      2 liters of molasses
      3.240 kg of raw sugar
      2 liters of dunder

      50 grams of bread yeast
      20 grams of magnesium sulfate (Epsom salts)
      70 grams of tomatoe paste
      24 grams of DAP
      one big table spoon of citric acid

      Method

      Pour two liters of molasses into the fermenting container then add as much hot water to dilute the molasses and the soon to be added sugar.
      Stir the diluted molasses until all the molasses off the bottom of the fermenting container. Add the sugar and stir again, then add the dunder if you have it. Stir it again.

      While the rum wash is cooling, get a cooking pot add about 500 ml of water to the pot then heat it close to the boil then start to add the magnesium sulfate, tomatoe paste, DAP, citric acid and the yeast. Bring it to a simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes then let it cool down or dump it in fermenting container.

      Once all is combined let cool to 25 - 30 degrees celsius then pitch your perfered yeast. I use 100 grams of bakers yeast to get things going pretty fast.

      Cheers
      Marc

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Eric Yendall <eric_yendall@...> wrote:

      > I am interested in the rum recipe. Please post it to the group. Thanks

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic