49236Re: Rye

  • blkpowdr
    May 19 6:48 AM
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, bluwater2828@... wrote:

      > I don't have a water jacket ( nice setup by the way). I've run wash that had a fair amount of yeast suspended and mildly scorched but actually running on the grain would be tough not to burn on a gas burner I think........cut....

      I have never ran on the grain either, but I have also never scorched a batch. I place a heat diffuser over my propane burner. Just a 1/4 inch metal plate and my alembic is about 6 inches above it. I also enclose everything with stacked concrete blocks with the top of the still sticking out, that keeps any breeze off and helps hold heat in.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic