      From: henry sangret <henrysangret@...>;
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: Rye
      Sent: Thu, May 16, 2013 8:05:56 PM

      Thats going to be a very low alcohol yield, unless ytou are adding sugar?  Rye has less starches for conversion than corh where you can do 2 lbs per gallon. My rye batches I fine grind 2.5 lbs per gallon and still yield 1040 to 1045, thats with a very good 2 stage enzyme conversion.  BTW yes ferment on the grain, better clavors, if done off the grain first no alcohol, second the mash tastes pretty flat .

      I distill on the grain as well, I have a water jacket boiler I use, but be sure to use a material to reduce foaming, or you are goin to have a mess.