49217Re: [Distillers] Immersion Heaters

  • Angelis
    May 8, 2013
      I am using a liquid nitrogen tank I cut off the top and remove the inside piece had it welded back together and now using a hillbilly still  3 to 2 reducer

      Michael

      On May 7, 2013, at 8:53 PM, "JamesA" <jamesadamslh@...> wrote:

      I'm getting back into distilling having sold all my gear when I lost my home to foreclosure. Things are OK, I'm happy and living with my GF.

      Someone gave me a SS vessel which had been used to store liquid nitrogen. I want to use it for my pot. It's beautiful! It gleams! And it looks like a cross between R2-D2 and a Dalek.

      It's double-walled so I doubt I can heat the mash with a fire. It has two ports through the double wall at the bottom, about 1 5/16" inside diameter, through which I could insert electric immersion heaters, but I have no experience with them.

      Has anyone used this method of heating your wash, or can you tell me anything about how they work? Thanks in advance!

      J. Adams

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic