49197RE: [Distillers] Mash without adding sugar

  • Michael Coakley
    Apr 30, 2013

      How much water do you use with your 7-1-2 combination

      From: henry sangret [mailto:henrysangret@...]
      Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 2:41 PM
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com; Michael Coakley
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] Mash without adding sugar

      I do a more old fashioned way with 7 pounds rye 1 pound wheat and 2 pounds corn. I grind all grain to a fine consistancy and add boiling water to the grain bill. I let the starches work for about and hour than use a enzyme cocktail specially made for grain worts and than you have it !  strarting sg 1045 to 1050

      From: Mike C <mcoakley@...>; To: <Distillers@yahoogroups.com>; Subject: [Distillers] Mash without adding sugar Sent: Sun, Apr 28, 2013 4:34:29 PM

      Does anyone have a good rye whiskey recipe that dosent require adding sugar? I would like to do an all grain version.

      Thanks

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: