49171Re: permitting questions

  • Eric Lowe
    Apr 9, 2013
      My understanding is the pile height limits for storage still apply; the IFC chapter 34 exemption for barrels and bottles only counts toward reducing your MAQ. Hence, the storage height for all bottles and barrels needs to be kept under 6'.

      I guess it's up to your local FD as to what they are comfortable with and how they interpret the code. As long as you store <120 gal of feints in tanks, and everything else is "in-process", you could argue you don't need to comply with all the H-3 requirements, but they may not agree.

      Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic