Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

49154Re: permitting questions

Expand Messages
  • Al N6TEZ
    Apr 4, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      Not sure were your located, but suggest you contact you local Building Dept and request a "Certificate of Occupancy Inspection".
      You may have to pay for this, but well worth it because you should get the minimum requirements in writing to determine if the required upgrades(if any)are feasiable (within your budget) or if you should look for another location.
      Your municipality's adopted building code( usually the Uniform Building Code which can be ammended for special local conditions) will detirmine the "hazard" of your "occupancy" and the minimum requirements for your structure and occupancy to comply.
      Hope you get a kind inspector who will give you a free pre-inspection before you spend money (I would have ).
      Good luck and please let us know how this works out for you.
      A Retired Building Official, Al, N6TEZ

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, chris jude <vegbenz300@...> wrote:
      > Not sure that this is the right forum for this, but if anyone has any $.02
      > to throw in, or links to follow up on that'd be great.
      > I am working on the permitting and design/build and then operation of a new
      > distillery in an existing building. I'm looking for information on the
      > need or any code references regarding sprinklers in a facility operating a
      > still and storing liquor for aging in casks.
      > Also, what the experience has been with folks in the US on complying with
      > FDA inspections/permitting.
      > Thanks,
      > Chris
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic