49086Re: Graphene filter

  • jsducote
    Mar 22, 2013
      A beautiful response...

      And it doesn't include the energy needed to catalyze the water/wash. That ain't free either.

      I'll wager that the amount of CO2 produced (by the average home distiller's ferment) could only create enough methane to give a brief puff of flame, hardly enough to heat a cup of tea (assuming it was already warm). If your ferment was producing enough CO2 to convert into enough methane to boil 8 gallons of wash, you'd probably have suffocated by now.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@...> wrote:
      > So you can do exactly what you propose, and it seems that Eddie's
      > platinum-catalyzed process is one way to do that, but the most important
      > thing you need to know is that you need to put exactly the same amount
      > of energy into CO2 and H2O to get methane and water, as you get from
      > burning that methane. That's the TANSTAAFL principle, "There Ain't No
      > Such Thing As A Free Lunch, sometimes called the law of conservation of
      > energy.
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic