49082Re: TTB Cuts

  • jsducote
    Mar 21, 2013
      According to plasticpipe.org, the maximum suggested temperature for PVC is 150F, while max temp for CPVC & PEX is 210F. But unless I'm envisaging the usage incorrectly, this is for a cooling jacket around the condenser line, not the condenser itself. Do your coolants reach either of those temps? The only point to worry about might be where the condenser enters the jacket, but that could be made with a rubber or cork bung instead of directly touching the jacket end-cap.
      -j

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      > Be very careful.  Water and steam will be 200+ and plastic melts 250 to 285, so a nick might cause a leak in that soft plastic.
      >
      > Robert
      > From: Angelis <angelis1972@...>
      >
      > Didn't even think about using PVC. Was not sure how it would hold up
      >
      > Michael
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic