49070Re: TTB Cuts

  • doug.hood
    Mar 20, 2013
      I made a condenser using 1/4 inch copper. To keep it from kinking, I bought the copper in a coil, unrolled it, taped one end and filled it with salt. I then wrapped it around a pipe, the notched a bigger pipe, slid the bigger pipe over my inside coil and wrapped it back the other way. I then flared on the connections and hooked it up to the water hose. It took about three hours to sit there under pressure before it dissolved the salt and shot a stream of water out the other side. I came out nice, fits inside my 2" still and works well.
      Doug

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Angelis <angelis1972@...> wrote:

      > I'm trying to make a coil out of 3/8 tubing to fit into a 2 inch pipe but don't think I can get it to it. Can I use 1/4 in or is that too small?
      >
      > Michael
      >
      > On Mar 19, 2013, at 8:35 PM, "tgfoitwoods" <zymurgybob@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Thanks, Dale,
      > >
      > > I can relax now.
      > >
      > > Zymurgy Bob, a simple potstiller Making Fine Spirits
      > >
      > > --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, Dale Brinley <dalebrinley@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > You're right, it was sold by Powell's. Bought in my name. Est. delivery 3/15 - 4/01. Should be arriving any day now.

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic