49068Re: Graphene filter

  • Becool Stayslinky
    Mar 20, 2013
      Robert,

      You're talking about electrolysis of water to remove water from alcohol?  If you haven't tried this, you should just so you know what you're dealing with.  The process is painfully slow and the product is highly explosive.  We did this in 9th grade science class.

      Electrolysis of water video - youtube link

      I sell life insurance - ping me offline.

      BC

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, RLB <last2blast@...> wrote:

      > Z Bob:
      >
      > That is way over my head.  Currently, scientist can turn CO2 into hydrocarbon by placing electrodes into a chemical solution similar to wash.  Applying electric energy to those electrodes causes the formation of hydrocarbon.  My idea is a variation of what science is doing in that area, but my main problem is oxygen will be released.  Increasing oxygen helps yeast growth, and oxygen hinders alcohol production by yeast.  It might be possible to do this slowly as the beginning, and then crank it up later on during fermentation.  It will be an experiment to see what will happen.  My main goal will be to see if water and alcohol can be separated by breaking water into hydrogen and oxygen.  Hydrocarbon is just an added bonus.  Electric energy for this experiment is not a problem.
      >
      > Robert

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic