48958Re: education

  • Tom
    Mar 9, 2013

      On February 23, 2013, I attended an intensive one-day seminar at Virtuoso Distillieries, LLC in Mishawaka, IN (suburb of Southbend). The course was put on by owner and operator, Steve Ross, and his Master Distiller, Mike Dailey. The course was great! Steve and Mike did an outstanding job. This was Steve's second seminar. I believe he will host another one next year.

      Steve makes vodka from rye. He has a 600L Holstein sitll with 18 bubble cap plates. His operation is great! His enthusiasm is off the charts. He answered any and all questions from the group of twenty (20) attendees. We got to look, feel, taste, photograph, etc.

      I would attend the seminar again without hesitation.

      Steve posts on this site occasionally. Check out the link below:

      Steve will not recognize the name below as it's not my real name. I was the first one to arrive - I sat on the first row, right by Steve.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, chris jude <vegbenz300@...> wrote:
      > Hey folks,
      > I'm interested in taking some courses on distilling, I've been doing this
      > for a couple of years and have an opportunity to work with a start up
      > distillery. We will be working initially with brandies, ports, sherries
      > and cordials, but eventually with rums and whiskey. I've found the
      > upcoming Siebel course, and know of the ADI courses. Are these
      > recommended? Any tips? I'm actually much more familiar with rums than the
      > wine distillates.
      > Thanks,
      > chris
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic