      From: Dan D <eanxo2@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, January 28, 2013 8:48 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: Gravity readings

      Zymurgy Bob,Robert,Henry;
      Gentlemen Thank you for the suggestions on the grains.
      I do watch the show Moonshiners but I did some general research on-line to make the decision to just use the corn off of that not the show. I also ready on another forum (forget which with all the searching I have been doing)they just used sugar, cornmeal & yeast.
      I think I was aiming for a sour mash, but changed my mind & went with the recipe I listed. I am reading more each day & looking into which grains or malts I want to use on my next batch I make up. Just need to understand my processes of how to cook them up & additives to use.

      Henry thank you for the descriptions of the barley & peat, will keep it in mind when looking for my next ingredients.

      Robert- I did some research into malting my grains & seen a few ideas for indoor processes as well. Will be something I get into a little later as I progress in getting my ingredients & flavors honed in!

      As always I thank you for the info & inputs!

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic