48853Re: [Distillers] Re: beginning question(s)

  • henry sangret
    Jan 27, 2013
      I wouldn't use then, who knows what they are made of, the Chinese were using alot of Russian scrap some old Nuclear Navy ships, want to the dark anyone?

      From: roger shattuck <happy.feat@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:20 PM
      Subject: Re: [Distillers] Re: beginning question(s)

      About the copper scrubbers: the ones I've been finding are copper plated mystery metal from China. Are these safe to use?

      From: ballard_bootlegger <whitney@...>
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: beginning question(s)
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, January 25, 2013, 5:24 PM

      The pot and bowl is a fun one. :-) My version was a big tea kettle, my coil stuck through a cork in the spout.  When you change packing try looking at a hardware store in the pest control department, they sell great copper mesh made to keep birds out.  --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "mrlovjoy"  wrote: > Hi Boot. Planning on ss scrubbers first, cause that's what the store had. Sometime today I will be running my first experimental wash through a pot still consisting of a ss pot, a bowl on top, and 1/4 inch copper tubing/coil out the top of the bowl. Bare bones, to say the least. Later I plan on modular parts which I can swap out as I learn. I'll post what happens next. H. > ------------------------------------ Distillers list archives : http://www.taet.com.au/distillers.nsf/ FAQ, Howto distil etc. : http://homedistiller.orgYahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/ <*> Your email settings:     Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to:     http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Distillers/join     (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email:     Distillers-digest@yahoogroups.com     Distillers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:     Distillers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic