48344Re: Alcohol with mash odor

  • David
    Jan 28, 2012
      Hmmm, well, I am new to this board, but have been making hootch for quite some time. The best that works for me... other than ageing for extended times, is to watch your temperatures closely and only collect during the peak times shutting down after the running temp. increases about 1 degree. After that you start adding more impurities. Also, depending on the still, I usually do 2 runs. If you want to get finer, you can filter the finish through activated charcoal. Even after all that, I still get some of the characteristic "shine" aroma.

      Dave

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "dimasram" <dimasram@...> wrote:

      > I use mollase and I cannot take off the mollasse odor in my product. What is the best way to take off it? I have to re distill it or there is another method?
      >

      > Thanks in advance.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic