47199Re: Rice Mash

  • jamesonbeam1
    Oct 2, 2010

      Hi Bruce,

      You may use enzymes, malt or Koji to convert starches to sugars in rice.  However, your in the wrong group here.  We distill for taste and drinking, not making fuel.  You should join our friends at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/alcoholfuel/ to discuss the most cost effective way of converting rice to make E-85.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, bruce cook <bcook0407@...> wrote:
      > This implies that the only way to convert rice starch to sugar for fermenting is the use of "Koji". Then, we will end up with "Sake". Are there any other methods, i.e. the use of enzymes, malting the rice, malted barley, etc. which would convert the rice starch to sugar? I am interested in using rice to make alcholol fuel, not "Sake".
      > Thanks,
      > Bruce

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic