46583Re: [Distillers] Re: New

  • Royce Thigpen
    Jun 2, 2010
      I have read some of this info.  I was looking for something simple like myself, however, I am finding out that it might not be as simple as it sounds.  Earlier, I tried to use a recipe for cooking grains and didn't have much luck with that either.  Not being a scientist, some of this stuff is hard to figure out.  But I will plug away at it until it works.  I don't want a sugar/water mash.  Anyone can do that one.  Thanks for the advice.  If you have something simple, I would gladly listen to that also.

      From: jamesonbeam1 <jamesonbeam1@...>
      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wed, June 2, 2010 3:24:47 PM
      Subject: [Distillers] Re: New

      Nother note New,

      If your trying to duplicate the famous UJSSM or Uncle Jesse simple sour mash method, you should also learn about the sour mashing part and use only 5 gallons of water per the recipe.  See http://wiki. homedistiller. org/index. php/Uncle_ Jesse's_Simple_ Sour_Mash_ Method

      JB.

      --- In Distillers@yahoogro ups.com, "jamesonbeam1" <jamesonbeam1@ ...> wrote:

      > Hello New,
      >
      > And welcome aboard. Since this is more of an advanced distillers group,
      > you migh want to consider joining our sister group at
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/new_ distillers/

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic