      To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
      From: sross@...
      Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 23:53:26 +0000
      Subject: [Distillers] how do you make a good rum

      I would like to make a really good rum so I have a few questions i hope that they can be answered from the experts on this list.
      1. I have noticed many recipes require the addion of sugar is this the case because people are using blackstrap molasses with a very low sugar content.
      2. If you use #1 molasses do you still need sugar.
      3. Which would give you a better flavor blackstrap+sugar or #1 Molasses without sugar added assuming it has a 48% or better sugar content.
      4.is sulfured molasses not as good as the unsulfured.
      5. why are there so few all molasses recipes.

      Thanks
      Steve