46434nocino

  • miciofelice2003
    Mar 12, 2010
      Hi Ion and everybody.
      I'm a fan of Nocino, and I prepare it following the old recipe of Modena, an italian city where Nocino is quite loved. They use to keep it into oak casks for years and years.

      Walnuts are ready (in Italy they are used to do it at 23 of June, but now it's better to anticipate to 18-20 june because seasons are quit hot) when you can cut easily the walnuts with a knife.

      I use a glass jar and I put into 1 kg of walnuts divided in 4 parts (8 parts is better) and 900 grams of sugar. I leave on te sun for some days, normally 4 or 6 are more than enough, till the sugar is completely dissolved.
      At this point I add 1 liter of pure alcoohol at 95% and I leave on the sun till the end of october.

      Then I filter two times and, without adding water, I bottle and I put in a dark and fresh place for a minimum of 3 months, better 6 months, 1 year is the top.

      I get a dense, little bit strong (but not too much, believe me) liqueur.

      I don't press what left into the jar: I add about 1 bottle of white, strong wine and I leave into the jar for about 1 week. Then I filter and bottle. After a while the wine will taste a lot like nocino, will be a little bit less dense but the taste will be good, just to use as aperitif.

      Ciao a tutti

      micio felice
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic