46131Re: Types of Sugar

  • gnikomson2000
    Dec 2, 2009
      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "nrb_1950" <nrb_1950@...> wrote:

      > Recently a friend who works as a sugar tester donated to the cause "BBFE" "better booze for everyone" about 300 kg of raw sugar "straight from the mill" full of mollases and while it took a while to ferment it did the approved thing and produced a reasonable wash.
      > This I distilled and to my surprise, even through a reflux still it had the most sgreeable smell and taste of mollases excellent rum base.
      > Most surprised and totally drunk on the aroma.

      Another "raw sugar" convert! :))

      Now what ya gonna do with all that booze? If you've got reasonable equipment & skills, you should get roughly 280-300 litres of 40% spirit outta 300kg raw sugar. About a 5 year supply for 1 hobbyist. 2-3 yrs for old soaks like me. Hope you've got lots of friends & rellies. If not you soon will have. :))