      From: Robert N
      Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:22 AM
      Subject: [Distillers] MORPETH MOONSHINE DISTILLERY

      Another Micro Distillery in rural Au.

      Just came back from a Tour of the Hunter wine district in New South Wales Australia http://www.winecoun try.com.au/. 136 Cellar doors of which we managed to visit 16 in 2 days, sampling the wares. We came home with plenty of contact details and 18 bottles of vino. We stayed at a Pub that had a Micro Brewery attached http://pottersbrewe ry.com.au/ and I managed to spend an hour “chewing the fat” over a few beers with the brewer. All up a very pleasant way to spend a few days.

       On the way there we made a slight detour to visit the Morpeth Moonshine Distillery http://www.morpethw inecellar. com.au/Morpeth% 20Moonshine. htm. The distiller makes a small selection of cordials. The primary business is the bottle shop/wine sales and a pizza joint all rolled into an ancient (by Au standards) building. The township of Morpeth’s claim to fame is antiques. We tried to do some tasting/talking about the distilled product but the wife? Just wanted to sell wine and wouldn’t answer any questions nor supply samples of the distilled produce. The stills and equipment is what you see in the picture which we saw from behind a wire cage. SWMBO commented to me that we had a better setup at home. Whether we struck them at an odd moment or not, we were soon on our way out the door under whelmed by the service, never to return. L

      Yours in Spirit

      To Question is to Educate!

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic